Thoreau’s Garden Is A Social Enterprise Of Thoreau College, With Three Main Purposes:
- To provide high quality houseplants, flower, herb and vegetable starts, hardy perennials, winter greens and other beautiful and delicious growing things for the local community using conventional, organic, and biodynamic techniques;
- To provide an educational environment where Thoreau College students can learn about ecology, sustainability, botany, organic and biodynamic agriculture, hard work and entrepreneurialism including marketing and business management;
- To generate revenues that can support the Scholarship Fund of Thoreau College.
- Check out Thoreau College here!
- Visit our other partner Driftless Folk School here!
Sign up here for our October microgreen share! https://forms.gle/
Fall bulbs are in the shop! Grow your own Saffron with fall blooming saffron crocus!
Mums and Asters are in the garden center !
Check out our ornamental peppers and cabbage for fall planters.
All perennials are 50% off
Perennial grasses are 75% off
Pumpkins and gourds coming soon!