Thoreau’s Garden Is A Social Enterprise Of Thoreau College, With Three Main Purposes:
- To provide high quality houseplants, flower, herb and vegetable starts, hardy perennials, winter greens and other beautiful and delicious growing things for the local community using conventional, organic, and biodynamic techniques;
- To provide an educational environment where Thoreau College students can learn about ecology, sustainability, botany, organic and biodynamic agriculture, hard work and entrepreneurialism including marketing and business management;
- To generate revenues that can support the Scholarship Fund of Thoreau College.
- Check out Thoreau College here!
- Visit our other partner Driftless Folk School here!
Spring starts in January at the greenhouse! Check out Driftless Folk School's website to find the classes we're offering at the greenhouse this spring! https://www.driftlessfolkschool.org/classes
Sign up here for our January microgreen share! https://forms.gle/3kPt3xRty83ZLywn9
This February at Thoreau's Garden, chocolate covered strawberry pre-orders for Valentines Day are back! Order by Feb. 8th! Click here to order or for my info https://forms.gle/cfyyqBkWAeGfz8U9A
Our current hours are Mon. and Wed.-Sat. 10am-4pm Sun. 11am-2pm, closed Tuesday!